Skip to main content

The Memories of Vagrant. Episode XIII



"The beginning was in the beginning," said a cheerful voice from the tent with different everyday goods.
Then careful hands took out something smooth and long, and laid it on the table before the interlocutor.
"Or has my Monarch already forgotten?" asked the voice ironically.
"No, I've not forgotten or, more accurately, how can I even forget you?" said Aeron III and looked inside the tent. He's following the interlocutor.
It was stuffy and damp in the tent of dark red velvet but very clean although it was a workshop in the fact. It was in a well-known workshop for the whole world, or rather to its master, King Aeron III came from the very early morning. He wanted to discuss very complex and exciting questions with his old friend.
"The patient, what are you complaining about?" asked playfully the owner of the tent.
He quickly began to clear the table before him.
"Drop these jokes, you are not a doctor, you are a mage," the king said quietly and wearily.
"And that means you're not the patient!" summed up the mage.
At the same time, he didn't forget to wink the interlocutor who closely followed his actions.
“Then, or more precisely, why and what brought you to this place, my king?”
"The ears are shaking and the tail is twisted in a spiral," answered Aeron ironically.
He looked at his friend's surprised face and decided to continue.
"I need an advice. It must be an advice of a knowledgeable and experienced master of illusion and sorcery. That's all," finished he tiredly.
"Wow!" threw up the mage his hands. "So simple! And I already thought that you and Llila quarreled, and you need a love potion. Well, really, something happened?"
"Why must something necessarily happen that I came to you for advice?" asked the king with an air of suspicion in his voice.
"You know. Allwunar is your counselor and I'm here in the tent with the High Illusion, I make a holiday for children,” said the mage in an offended tone.
He picked up the fireworks in the air for persuasiveness.
"I know, I know, you don't grumble and listen," said Aeron III. "By the way, is this potion good?"
"What is a potion? What are you talking about..." asked the illusionist so surprised.
"It's your love potion," said the king quickly and they both laughed.
"It is illusory, or rather, doesn't help at all. But the realization that you did everything possible sometimes it does wonders," said the mage with a laugh.
"That's funny!" said the monarch thoughtfully. "I hope your advices work much better," added he with a smile.
"Much better, my friend. Much better," summed up the illusionist with ironic voice.
He cleared the armchair of the drawings and papers which were littered over the back. The mage showed the monarch on the armchair with a gesture.
"Thank you," thanked Aeron kindly him and began to sit down more comfortable in it.
"Don't thank me,” said the mage. "You better say or tell me all that bothers you, my friend," said he.
The illusionist took up an armchair on the opposite side of the table, he showed all the way that he was ready to listen.
"You know my grandfather said that the worst thing of this world is when nobody wants to listen to you or simply doesn't hear because then the greatest gift of the gods disappears, it's word!" said Aeron III after a long pause and looked into the eyes of the interlocutor, looking for understanding.
"I know but it's more terrible to yell into the void and demand the understanding of it!"
For the first time, the voice of the magician sounded like a strong metal. And as if the mask of a funny jester has faded from his face.
"I see you understand me," said the guest. "Then I will continue and you try not to interrupt. After all the questions."
"Well, I'll calm my curiosity and I'll shut up a little."
"The funny thing is, you hit the target right now. Although, as always in such questions," said the monarch with a smile and continued. "I'm very worried about my family. No, not like this. I'm very much afraid about them. So it will be more correct," corrected he himself.
"Why? Something happened? Or...?" didn't have time to say the mage as he was interrupted by Aeron.
"Not really, but I'll tell you everything now. Have a little patience," said the monarch.
He gathered his thoughts and continued.
"Now nothing has happened yet, but a lot can happen."
"The fear is the worst adviser and the most invincible enemy. That's what Allwunar told to us all?" asked the illusionist. He guessed what his interlocutor meant.
"Yes, it is. He also said that you can't live in fear because it will swallow you up or crush you..."
"Leaving from you only the ruins of past greatness and memories. Yes, I remember those words of him," summed up the mage. "So what really led you here?"
"Fear or rather fears and I swear by the New Gods I have not been so scared for a long time," the guest's voice trembled and turned into a whisper.
Aeron really was hard to talk and it's scary to admit it in reality.
"Yes, it's bad!" said the owner of the tent loudly.
"I beg you to quietly," said the guest and was surprised how the mage looked reproachfully in his direction.
"Aeron remember that let one fear in, all the other fears will not leave you," said he seriously.
"I know I once heard something like that from my father," objected the monarch and tried to bring him back to normal. "The funny thing is that you're right. I understand this but I can't do anything about it. It's like a wall. It's like a rock that's so high and its top is not visible because its clouds hide from me."
"I understand you, go on..."
"I'm worried about my family. Everything went well with us too but it's impossible, you know!" started Aeron loud and confident.
"I'm scared of my home. I'm afraid of the walls and the people who pass by. I am terrified by the night and rustles outside the window which bring suffering to me every night. You know, I don't understand where the fear is and where the truth is, and what actually reality is. I'm very scared and hard but I can not tell anyone. No one will understand me. No one will save me from suffering," falling to a whisper, he summed up.
He seemed to look helplessly at the way out of the tent, wanting to leave it as soon as possible.
"Believe me, you are not alone in your fears or desires. Please continue because I can't help you if you don't tell everything," said the mage in a sympathetic voice.
The illusionist began to watch again his interlocutor and guest.
"Most likely I need to start over again," got himself under control and the king said. “I had my first vision about less than a month ago. The vision was simple but very detailed as if I had seen it myself. I saw Llila who was lying on the floor and her body was lifeless. Then I saw how the mighty King Daytuarui leaned toward her body and he fell dead in a moment. Like he was pierced by an invisible arrow, like someone had plunged an invisible knife into his heart. Then I saw another completely vision after a while. I saw how the warriors, who were dressed in black and green, filled the whole yard by the castle and climbed the castle walls. After that, I began to close all the shutters and windows denser."
He paused to find the strength to continue.
“That's all. My fears, horrors in our world, Evil Mountains and that terrible ancient evil are somehow connected. Please tell me the way out of this abyss.”
"Readily, my friend, even with pleasure I will show you that way," said the mage ironically.
He waved his hand toward an unclosed exit of the tent.
"There is the way out but not from that abyss and you should know it as a monarch as best."
"You're joking as always!" said Aeron more loudly, he wanted to regain confidence and strength. "You've joked since childhood but now when I ask for help..."
"As always. The jokes and happiness help me find decisions,” said the mage quickly.
He had to interrupt and not allow the interlocutor to insert unnecessary words.
"Oh great Monarch, I'll give my advice to you that Evil is afraid of Happiness. Happiness overcomes fire and cold. Happiness is the only thing that does not matter in what evil world we live."
When he saw that his interlocutor was thinking, he continued.
"You begin to ask questions at last. Or do you still think that everything exists by chance in this world?"
"No, I know. Everything has its own meaning and purpose, but what is it for? What questions?" asked the king in surprise. "Wait, don't answer because I think I understand what you mean," said the guest.
For the first time in the whole conversation, he allowed himself to lean back in his comfortable armchair and relax. At this moment, Aeron thought about, it could be a vision or a prophecy of what will happen in the future and not illusions and fears. But the course of his thought was interrupted by the words of a friend.
"Remember that you can't escape from fear. Fear only can be defeated with a shield and a sword. So dare to dive into this abyss and look for answers because the truth like fire burns all the shadow and gloom," said the mage his parting words.
He got up from his seat and began walking along the walls of the tent like a clockwork pendulum.
"Let me give you one more advice," continued the mage after a short time. "You look at everything from the wrong side. This is a gift, and not your pain and suffering. Your fear can be something completely different. Just try to look at it from the other side."
"Good. Good. My head aches from you more than from fears already. What, then, is the secret?" began to think the guest aloud. "Are these really just visions?"
"Wow, I hear your wisdom just like that!" said the mage loudly and solemnly.
He stopped at one place and even applauded.
"Yes, this is the future time and not fears. This is your future and mine if we don't change it, my friend, if we don't change it," finished the mage the sentence with a tired voice.
He sat down in his chair and tilted his head slightly.
"How then do we change this?! After all, as everyone knows, the future is inevitable or am I wrong?" said the guest with a not-so-hidden hope.
"We’ll have to think seriously about this now" said the mage wearily.
The illusionist closed his eyes and began to think about something quietly, whispering words. Aeron understood and tried not to disturb the friend to think, so he just sat and waited quietly. Today the king needed to understand himself and think a little about the way that awaits him in a mysterious or terrible future.
Everyone knows that silence and tranquility are usually not enough in our chaotically fast world, so thinking about serious questions in just a minute or two, smoothly flowed into a deep dispute. Hard and hot day was replaced by the evening and then by the deep night. Passers-by and everyone, who wanted to listen, heard loud screams and disputes from the most famous tent. The master with the guest tried to find the grain of truth in a good noisy dispute.
Everything in this world is so similar, all this was many times. "Destiny can not be avoided. Everything is decided long ago."
Deep in the night when all the stars are shining most brightly and the moonlight does not shine brightly in curtained windows, searching for live fire there, the canopy of the tent was opened. There was heard the muffled, hoarse voice of the most famous of the kings.
"Thank you, Llewelyn. You helped me a lot and made me understand how and what we should do," said the monarch to the friend.
And he decided to add a few words.
"Maybe come with me, Llila has not seen you for a long time and the kids are bored without your jokes," said the monarch affably to a friend before leaving the tent.
He wanted to postpone the painful moment of returning home for a second and get rid of the burden of consequences and decisions.
"No, Aeron not today but I promise tomorrow morning and night, I'm all yours," nodded Llewelyn wearily and smiled weakly when his friend left the tent.
Clean and cold night air went into a tent that gave new faith and hope...
After a few minutes of calm and silence in the tent, there was a quiet rustle and then a quiet knocking and a loud sigh. They were not She's servants or evil forces who attacked the mage of illusion insidiously and unexpectedly. It was almost impossible because his tent-home was protected by magic symbols and seals. The mage did this because he realized he forgot to tell the most important thing to a friend and monarch. That created a sigh of regret, and the cry of the heart or the soul itself.
"That's a simple baker, a shaman, a fish seller," swore Llewelyn. "The mirror world! I forgot to tell him the most important thing that he is from the foretellers. Maybe the talent woke up in him right now," he said it just in emptiness.
He hoped that his friend would hear it.
"No, no, no, now I definitely need to visit my beloved family tomorrow," said Llew.
He leaned back in his comfortable armchair and decided to get the last quiet hours.
A new day was born behind the tent's canopies. Even without the gift of knowing and seeing the future, it's possible to say with certainty the day will be heavy, hot and cheerful as always.

 📖😀😻🎆💜🐒🐾📚✌

  "Realm of Hope"


 *Look for ebook RoH on Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBook, Smashwords and other 📖😀🐒

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back2Amnesia By Cass Ark Galleas. (Poetry Book)

Back to the amnesia, back to a new reality. Each poem is a little story, inspiring be strong, never give up, be true to yourself and your dreams despite difficulties, losses and pain. They give us the strength not to give up our worst part and be able to accept you as you really are. Poems help to collect all the knowledge from the fragments of memory to understand how to find strength in yourself and survive in the battle. Look how worlds and their ideals collapse, it’s raining heavy drops, hurricanes echo distant events and words in our ears. But the stories show that it is necessary to stand on one’s own land and to go forward keeping good fragments from one’s old life in one’s memory. The poems are inspired for centuries when the honor and courage of a knight were more valuable than gold. One of them is a short story about great heroes, fortitude and their own pride, honor and courage. Other poems are filled with a struggle with their own weaknesses, doubts and fears, the search fo

How To Make Life More Interesting With Fantasy

Our fantasy is really capable of much. We can afford to imagine a lot. Our thoughts are part of our imagination, and this is a powerful weapon capable of changing even the reality. Our imagination has no limits except those we build with our own hands. Our thoughts are the original code of the universe which the ancient sages called magic. There is nothing easier than to close your eyes and imagine that you have your own limousine and hundreds of fans. Made? Then you need to figure out who you will be in your new reality. When we say the word fantasy, we seem to have a picture of mountains or forests, a flying bird in the sky, or even a raging ocean. All the elements are subject to our imagination. But it was not always so. Yes, fantasy is a gift, a gift to see what is not yet in fact. This is endless possibilities and a strong temptation. We can imagine anything, the history of the battle of the books or another continent from a travel magazine. Sometimes we need only o

What does being a writer mean?

Anyone can write and be a writer. Everyone has their own opinion about it. But to me, as a person who wrote his first poem and short story at 6 this word means something completely different. For me to be a writer, it means developing my imagination. Learning to see not the forest but every detail, every tree separately. Create your own universe of the smallest details and make it live by its own rules. This is the only way to create a new character or write a new book. The most difficult thing for this profession is to find yourself and be honest with yourself that you’re one of the creative personalities. Then certain things will become familiar to you. Instead of drinking coffee in the morning or being on social networks, you sit behind your notebook with ideas and write and write your new thoughts. It will be normal for you to think of a new character as your friend or enemy. And it’s absolutely customary to put your thoughts on paper faster than telling your friends.